Planet Sun offers Customized Airbrushing using Norvell equipment and solution. We are one of the most advanced salons in Northern NJ and are known for our flawless results, truly specializing in the art and science of sunless tanning. Our mission is to provide clients with a consistent, natural-looking spray tan that is perfectly customized to individual skin type and personal preference.
Our Certified Airbrush Technicians offer a brief consultation at the beginning of your appointment. They will then customize the tan for YOU – whether it be your desire for a natural everyday glow or a dark, rich, deeper tan. We guarantee an airbrush tan that lasts longer, fades more evenly, and provides a natural color for all skin types and tones.
You only need ONE session to get several shades darker! Our Airbrush Service is great for special occasions and year round tanning.
To make an appointment with one of our Certified Airbrush Technicians please call at least 24 hours in advance:
Rutherford: 201-438-7070 | Rochelle Park: 201-843-6700 | Midtown Hoboken: 201-683-4300 | Cliffside Park: 201-941-2500 | Montvale: 201-746-2456
Exfoliate the night before. Use an exfoliator containing NO OIL or you can use a pair of exfoliating gloves or loofah along with a body gel. (Body gels have less of a“drying” effect to the skin than soap). Concentrate on areas that tend to have dry skin such as elbows, knees and feet. Exfoliation is extremely important for achieving the best results.
- Shave, wax, etc. the night before
- Pedicures & manicures should be done the day before your tan, not after
- Any jewelry should be taken off and/or left at home
- To achieve the best results you CANNOT shower, sweat or get wet for at least 12 hours after your session
- Wear clothing that is baggy and dark in color; some of the spray might get on your clothing. It will wash out of most materials.
- You can wear a bathing suit, underwear and/or be topless; whatever you are comfortable in. You must have a bottom on (It can be a thong). We also provide disposable tops and bottoms.
- When you come in for your spray tan: please make sure you have no make-up, lotion, oil or deodorant on your skin. Please come in with clean, dry skin.
- The FDA also recommends the following: nose filter/mouth filter, lip balm and eye protection. All items are optional and available.
- Again we advise that you only wear loose fitting clothing after your airbrush tan, as you are still in the drying process for about two hours after.
- We recommend wearing a pair of flip flops on your feet
- If it is raining, you must have something to keep you dry on your way out of the salon (example: umbrella, raincoat) because you cannot get wet!!!
- Do not sit on leather or cloth car seats after your tanning session. They can get stained so please use a towel.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to hot baths, showers and chlorine. These will fade your tan faster.
- Please also see following list of products that may fade your tan
- The first time you shower after your airbrush session, you may see some color come off your skin. This is normal after a spray tan application.
- Dove soap, Dove shower gel or any bar soaps, especially deodorant varieties
- Curel Lotion
- Hair inhibiting lotions such as Jergens
- Anti-aging products that “renew”, “refresh” or otherwise “exfoliate” skin
- Facial masks, exfoliating scrubs and “Biore” type adhesive facial strips
- AHS’s (Alpha Hydroxy Acids)- Glycolic, Lactic, Malic, Ciric and Tartaric Acids
- BHA’S (Beta Hydroxy Acids)- Salicylic Acid
- Retin A type products- Retin A, Renova, Tazorac, Tretinoin
- Anti-acne products that exfoliate the skin
- Toners containing alcohol or Witch Hazel
- Make up remover products
- Use of a loofa or scrub mitt (use a soft washcloth or soft poof)
- Band-Aid or adhesive tape applied to skin will pull the “tan” off
- Body hair bleach products and products such as Neet and Nair
- Wax hair removal
- Shaving exfoliates skin, which in turn fades the tan. Use a sharp clean razor with a lubricating product. Hair conditioner works nicely and usually wont damage the tan. A dull razor scrapes off more skin and “tan”
- Pat dry in the shower, don’t rub
- Submersion in hot tub, swimming pool with chlorine or salt water (An application of a thick waterproof sun block lotion helps)
- A woman’s tan may also develop differently during various hormonal changes (ovulation, menstruation, pregnancy). It may be streaky, patchy, fade or produce lighter or no color
- People with oily skin tend to develop a lighter tan than people with dry skin. The oils can coat the skin; dry skin absorbs more product faster
- Bug spray, when sprayed directly onto skin can remove or fade the tan
- Sweating feet inside of shoes, or behind knees and arm bends can fade a tan faster
- DO shower and exfoliate your skin prior to your tanning session.
- DO pay particular attention when exfoliating your knees, ankles, and elbows.
- DO shave your legs at least 12 hours prior to tanning
- DO wear dark underwear or bathing suit.
- DO wait to shower at least 12 hours after your airbrush session.
- DO avoid prolonged exposure to hot baths, showers, salt water and chlorine. These will fade your tan faster.
- DON’T exercise or do anything to cause perspiring for at least 12 hours after your session.
- DON’T use any lotions or moisturizers containing Alpha-Hydroxy.
- DON’T sit on leather or cloth car seats after your tanning session. They can get stained. Use a towel.
**The first time you shower after your tan, you may see some color come off your skin. This is normal after a spray tan application**
RED LIGHT THERAPY
Red light therapy is UV-Free and rejuvenates the skin and body. The Beauty Angel innovative light technology enhances the skin, producing a glowing complexion.
It is also an energizing 12 minute workout toning legs, abs, arms and glutes. The Beauty Angel offers 4 levels of Vibration Exercise Technology to relieve tension, relax muscles, restore muscle performance, stimulate circulation, and firm and tone muscles.
For best results, it should be used 3 times/week for 12 weeks. Then 1-2 times per week to maintain your results. The Beauty Angel is available at our Cliffside Park, Montvale, Midtown Hoboken, Rutherford and Rochelle Park locations.
Planet Sun offers teeth whitening using BleachBright, America’s #1 Cosmetic Teeth Whitening Company. BleachBright is guaranteed to get your teeth 2-8 shades whiter in just 20 minutes!
BleachBright uses an exclusive light that is specifically calibrated to the precise level that is optimal for teeth whitening. The wavelength of the light is the most important factor in the teeth whitening process. The unique gel mouthpiece used is also specifically formulated to respond to the exact wavelength of the state of the art light. Combined they creative the most effective whitening possible.
Exclusive discounts now available for our Sun Club members. Visit Planet Sun for more information on this service and other BleachBright supplemental products.
Available at our Cliffside Park, Montvale and Midtown Hoboken locations. Coming to other locations soon